MBBS, MD (Paed), FNB (Pediatric Critical Care)
Senior Consultant, Pediatrics & Pediatric Intensivist
Dr. Vikas Bansal is a renowned pediatrician and pediatric intensivist with more than 16 years of experience in Pediatric Intensive Care. He graduated (MBBS) in year 2002 from Indira Gandhi Medical College, Nagpur University, Nagpur. He then did his MD in pediatrics from MP Shah Medical College, Jamnagar, Gujarat. He then completed his Fellowship of National Board (FNB) in Pediatric Intensive care from the prestigious Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi in 2009.
In 2009, Dr Vikas Bansal joined SPS Apollo hospital, Ludhiana and started the department of Pediatric Intensive Care. He worked passionately and tirelessly over the years to raise the standard of Pediatric Intensive care in Ludhiana. He was in-charge of 14 bedded PICU in SPS hospitals and also started Pediatric Intensive Care fellowship.
Currently he is working as a paediatric intensivist at Clio Mother and child institute and is providing “State-of-the-art” intensive care services to critically ill children .It is one of its kind in North India and has survival rates comparable to developed countries.
He is one of the pioneers of Northern India to start paediatric pulmonology and paediatric bronchoscopy services and is an expert in diagnostic and interventional bronchoscopy like tracheal dilatation and foreign body removal.
Contribution in the field of Pediatric intensive care
● National instructor for Pediatric Advanced Life support (PALS) course
● President Elect – IAP intensive care chapter Punjab state
● National faculty- IAP- Acute care for practicing pediatrician
● Nodal Officer of Bsc Physician Assistant Course at SPS Hospital in association with
Lovely Professional University since 2011.
● Conducting conferences on critical care nursing every year since 2011.
● Indian Academy of Pediatrics
● IAP- Intensive Care Chapter
● Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine
● Society of Trauma and Emergency Medicine
● Indian Medical Association
● Global Association of Physician of Indian Origin
- Dr. Vikas Bansal has started his pilot program of emergency preparedness program for teachers and parents. He has done more than 100 sessions in different parts of the punjab state.
- He also started “SAVING A LIFE” program wherein he trains teenagers for emergency situations.