MBBS, DNB (Pediatric Critical Care)
IDPCCM ( Pediatric Intensive Care)
Fellowship PICU , UK
Senior Consultant, Pediatrics & Pediatric Intensive Care
Dr Mehak Bansal is Senior Consultant Pediatrician and Pediatric Intensivist at Clio Mother and Child Institute, Inside Orison Hospital, Barewal Road and Little Angels Child Care Clinic, Ludhiana, where she runs a 40 bedded Intensive Care Unit, Outpatient and Inpatient services for kids.
She has an experience of more than 15 years in the field of paediatrics and Pediatric critical care and has been treating children for many years with love, care and compassion. After doing her post-graduation at CMC Ludhiana, she developed an interest in Pediatric Critical Care. Thereafter, she did her Pediatric Critical Care Fellowship at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi. After that, she moved to the UK to get an experience with western PICUs and bring the knowledge back to India and has worked in reputed Institutes like Kings College Hospital and Great Ormond Street Children’s Hospital, London and enhanced her experience in pediatric liver transplant, Critical Care Nephrology, Pediatric Cardiac Intensive Care and ECMO.
She has also worked as Senior Consultant and Pediatric Intensivist, at SPS Hospitals, Ludhiana for 6 years. Currently, she is working at Clio Mother and Child Institute, Ludhiana with a vision to deliver ethical, excellent, and affordable healthcare to every mother and child in Punjab and nearby states and has all Pediatric super specialities under one roof.
Dr. Mehak is a pioneer of Critical Care Nephrology in Punjab and does dialysis and therapeutic plasma exchange of all children.
Contribution in the field of Pediatric intensive care
- National Faculty and Teacher of College of Pediatric Critical Care in India
- Academician and Reseacher and has conducted many national and international workshops to teach medical students and pediatricians
- National Trainer of Basic and Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- National Trainer of Pediatric Simulation, Pediatric Ultrasound, Basic and Advanced Ventilation, Non Invasive Ventilation, Renal Replacement Therapy and ECMO.
- Dr. Mehak has several publications in National and international journals and chapters in various Pediatric medical books.
- Indian Academy of Pediatrics
- Indian College of Pediatric Critical Care
- IAP Intensive Care Chapter, India
- Indian Medical Association
- Royal College of Pediatric and Child Health
- European Society of Pediatric and Neonatal Intensive Care.
- Intensive Care Chapter of Punjab
- Dr. Mehak has been working hard to save critically sick children from underprivileged backgrounds
- She works for kids of 5 orphanages of Ludhiana having close to 250 kids and looks after their treatment and development
- She is an Adoption Consultant for Specialized Adoption Agency , SGB Bal Ghar
- She is a Child Welfare Committee Member looking after abandoned, orphan and abused kids.
- Working for prevention of child abuse and conducts various workshops for it and is also a volunteer of Childline Ludhiana